Kathmandu School of Yoga (KSY)
Psycho Yogic Approach
Psycho Yogic Approach is the main philosophy of our teaching. It means working with the body using the mind (somato-psychic) and working with the mind using the body (psycho-somatic); for complete renewal of your entire being. The main purpose of this approach is not to let your mind go out of your body throughout the practice by making you aware of your body, breathe and mind along with experiences and feelings. It eventually helps to release three-fold (physical, mental and emotional) tensions.
Nature of Class
Synopsis of the Practices
A practical session generally covers Asanas (Body Postures), Pranayamas (Scientific Techniques of Conscious Breathing), Mudras (psychic gestures), Bandhas (psychic locks), some Shatkarmas (yogic cleansing), Yoga Nidra/Relaxation (psychic sleep) Dharana (Concentration) followed by Guided Meditation. We also explain the theory of the practices.
Why KSY ?
- Aspirants from more than 27 countries of 5 continents have already been inspired.
- The main Master holds Master’s Degree in Yoga Psychology from the best Yoga Academy in the world.
- He has been teaching Yoga since the last 12 years.
- He is the first registered and certified yoga master in Nepal.
- KSY is a registered yoga school.
- KSY gives more emphasis to your personal need and interest.
- Syllabus is based upon original scriptures.
- KSY provides customized and one-to-one tutorial.
- It is not just for physical fitness but takes you beyond physical experiences and makes you feel yoga with a difference.
Depending upon the convenience, classes can be arranged at any time on any day. Prior appointment is a must.
Costs vary according to the package. Please contact for more information.
“Yoga is not an ancient myth buried in oblivion. It is the most valuable inheritance of the present. It is the essential need of today and the culture of tomorrow.”
----- Swami Satyananda
Thank you Shiva for your compassion and wonderful sense of humor.Your teaching is for young and old beginner and experienced.You have deepened my practice of yoga with your heartful warmth and depth of knowledge.I have gained a deeper awareness and drawn strength from your gentle guidance in asana and re-connected with my spirit through your meditations.Michelle Donath